Okanagan Cosmetology Institute is a private career training institute with a full-service student-run Salon and Spa. We are dedicated to education and real-life practical training in all areas of COSMETOLOGY, HAIR STYLING, ESTHETICS, NAIL TECHNOLOGY and MAKEUP ARTISTRY.
Graduates of OCI receive a diploma or certification upon successful completion of their program of study. The curriculum used at OCI is based on the highly respected Pivot Point education program and is focused on the knowledge and practical skills required to surpass the provincial licensing exams for the cosmetology industry.
OCI is a proud affiliate to the YTIT program. Through the Industry Training Authority and local high schools, students can gain valuable trade experience towards an apprenticeship program while getting high school credits at the same time.Why OCI?
A Green OCI
In an effort to best support our environment, we have begun collecting hair and forwarding it to an organization in Florida who makes berms for OIL SPILLS which contain the oil from reaching the shore. Secondly, we keep and recyclable all aluminum foil used in all our services for recycling. We keep and dispose of any leftover chemicals safely at an approved depot. Finally, we no longer use disposable cups and glasses and student use sustainable dishes and cutlery and re-usable water bottles.
Red Seal Program
The Red Seal Program is recognized as the interprovincial standard of excellence in the skilled trades. The program provides greater mobility across Canada for skilled workers. By successfully completing the OCI Cosmetology/Hair Stylist Diploma you are qualified to apply for a Red Seal certification examination. The Red Seal Program acknowledges your competence and ensures recognition of your Red Seal certification throughout Canada without further examination. Learn More
Here’s what they say about the instructors here at OCI.
- Nathania gives up the chance to try more advanced services after the basics are mastered. It has taken our skills to the next level – Chris Angle
- Leanne makes theory fun! The games and the way she teaches has made even anatomy a pleasure to learn – Brandy Wilson
- Glen is patient and gives us the opportunity to build our skills with confidence – Veronica Wouters
- Aviana – thank you for being friendly and welcoming. Love having you as part of the TEAM!
- Nathania, Glen & Leanne – Thank you for being the most awesome, patient & kindest teachers in the whole wide world( and for helping and stuff!) lol – Robin Bickner